Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happiness

Happiness is one of those words that evokes different feelings in people - perhaps, intrinsically, because different things makes us happy, or perhaps, circumstantially, it all depends on how we are feeling at that moment. I think there are also moments in which we do not know how we feel. Where it is neither happiness nor sadness, it is not nothing-ness, it is a feeling unplaced in any continuum. Kind of like being on a train, that wistful feeling, looking outside, watching houses, trees and random pieces of sky, roll by. Maybe if I sit longer, one more stop, two more stop, I'll figure out a destination. Maybe if I keep moving, regardless of aim, I will bump into something beautiful. This, in its own little funny and lost way, is the pursuit of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment