Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau/ Ripples

Margaret had often wondered at the disturbance that takes place in the world's waters when Love, who seems so tiny a pebble, slips in. Whom does Love concern beyond the beloved and the lover? Yet his impact deluges a hundred shores.

- Howards End by E.M. Forster


We watched the Adjustment Bureau last night as part of my Mum's early birthday celebration. The quote above reminds me a lot about the essence of the movie. It hardly bears any resemblance to the short story it traces it roots from, Phillip K Dick's "The Adjustment Team". The Adjustment Bureau had rather "blah" reviews when it came out in Singapore but I really enjoyed the movie. I suppose it depends on what expectations you have when you walked into the show - I walked in hoping for a romantic movie with thriller elements, but Dad walked in hoping for an action movie with random eye candy. Dad was sorely disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment