Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Groundwork for Penang

I've been wanting to write about my travels but I suppose there is always a bit of emotional disconnect from being so busy with work and writing about one's holidays. While walking home yesterday, I thought of my Penang trip, which happened just a month ago, and there was a sweet feeling in my mouth. It's quite apt that it was the mouth since I ate so much food in Penang.

Well, this will be my "practical" entry. I heartily recommend Yeng Keng Hotel at Penang. It's a really lovely boutique hotel and I say this with as much objectivity I can muster - by far, the prettiest of all the hotels I walked by in Georgetown. The rooms aren't very big but perfectly sized for a weekend of relaxation. Without further ado, I present the pictures:













It costs S$450 for three nights for the room, inclusive of a really generous breakfast buffet every morning. I have to confess that I only ate the breakfast once because waking up early on a holiday? Sacrilegious!

I recommend getting the rooms on the second floor. The rooms on the first floor are very near the restaurant and reception desk and I imagine it won't be very peaceful. There's also a mosque across the road, so if you are a light sleeper, you may be affected by the 5 am prayer calls. However, being a deep sleeper, I wasn't affected at all.

Yeng Keng is right in the middle of Georgetown and very near the best eating places. It's my favourite part of Penang... I really enjoyed walking around the streets and getting lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment