Monday, July 4, 2011

Morse Code

Is anything more difficult than liking someone
and hiding your feelings?
A game of morse code, in which
you invent the symbols
every minute,
every second, kind of like
a magician, hoping to achieve
the greatest sleight of hand.
To create an illusion of nonchalance
to shield a beating heart.
I confess to like having my feelings
kept a secret.
When something is out in the open,
it feels like it is waiting to be broken.
Can you break an egg that has
not been hatched?
Sometimes it feels like I've placed
my love for you in a bottle,
and thrown it out at sea.
A robinson crusoe-like survivor
will find it on some deserted island
and he will read it.
Can feelings be known that way?
Does our feelings become true
if read by a stranger?
He'll used the bottle now,
for some means of survival.
While my words, these words,
will fall away in the faraway island.

No comments:

Post a Comment