Thursday, November 17, 2011

Declaration

I want to be a writer. Sometimes, I want it so bad that it scares me. What if I turn out to be really mediocre in something I love? It may kill me. I don't imagine I'm going to be great. No, I don't actually aim for greatness - to write The Novel of the Century or any time period (however small). I just want to write something simple and true, and hopefully have people enjoy reading it too. It scares me so much. But, it's worth trying right?

Then again, there are so many other barriers to cross. Those barriers are neither about time nor money. It's about being able to really go deep into your soul and write. Sometimes, when I think about this, the fear makes it such that I can barely breath. God, give me courage, for it truly is a long day's journey into night.

No comments:

Post a Comment