Friday, June 3, 2011

A Holiday

Finally, my holiday is arriving. Dreadfully, I fell sick mid-week. Still, I can sense already that things are falling into place. The books I ordered to read on my trip, arrived today (!), despite worries that they will never reach in time. I just have to finish another assignment and I'll be off, at least, guilt-free.

I honestly don't know what I envision for this trip. Of course, every time someone asks me about it, I smile all gleeful (and in all sincerity too) that I'm going to do that and that and that, yes that too! I think, most of all, I just want to be anonymous. Anonymous in the way you can only be in a city that does not know you.

It's as if I could give myself a new first name. Or maybe three names! Or be nameless. Have you ever had the feeling - sitting somewhere, a cafe, a bridge, a garden, anywhere really, and you feel really content, and you close your eyes and secretly wish the world would pass you by -- leaving you behind? Not forever of course. Just a little while. Enough time to savour a cup of tea.

I'm glad I'm going with my sister. We have the kind of relationship where we don't keep secrets, but it's not like we know all of each other's secrets - we simply don't bother to pry. Maybe it's the kind of feeling where you know someone too well, that all these secrets, whatever things she has put on along the years, makes no difference at all. Everyone always thinks she is the older one, and I'm all the younger for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment