Thursday, August 11, 2011

Westward Adventurer Satchel






I have a huge crush on Kate Spade's Westward Adventurer Satchel. I don't know if the crush stems from the bag itself or the idea of all the adventures I can go on it. It's such a good size for a weekend trip. A passport, a book, a wallet, some toiletries and a change of clothes. Sometimes I don't know if we love things for the things themselves or what they represent. At the end of the day, we may be only buying intangibles. One thinks if only I had a bag like this, I would be going on more adventures. And, I close my eyes and play a little pretend.

EDIT (16th August): I saw the bag in real life. Sadly, dreams are never what they seem.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, they're selling ideals. The name is very evocative - who doesn't want to think of themselves as adventurous? What disappointed you about the bag when you saw it in person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag costs a few hundred dollars more in Singapore, but most of all, the leather is extremely thin with a slightly artificial plastic texture - didn't seem like the kind of bag I would want to bring on adventures :)!

    ReplyDelete