Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Time of the Month



To live in this world

you must be able
to do three things:
to love what is mortal;
to hold it

against your bones knowing
your own life depends on it;
and, when the time comes to let it go,
to let it go.

-Mary Oliver (Excerpt from In Blackwater Woods)



I've been reading poems again. Often they make me want to weep. The urge to weep is a very beautiful thing, it makes me feel human. Perhaps it sounds extremely childish - that the urge to cry makes me feel human. But it's very easy to become jaded in this world, I don't want to live just physically moving... I want to be moved. I want to write, but it's very hard to break the barrier - even in this space which I have told no one. Maybe, I'm scared of myself. Sometimes we grow and experience things that throw our emotions out of whack. Our brain says why do you feel these things... why do you head this way? to our ignorant hearts that perhaps know better but can only feel so. Why do you feel these things? Why do I feel these things? I don't know. It is only so.

No comments:

Post a Comment